Welcome back bakers. This short video tutorial for bakers pan grease will have you ditching the spray grease for good.
This is a simple, 3 ingredient recipe that you can use to grease your cake tins. The usability doesn’t stop there. You can use this for pretty much all of your baking needs. I first discovered baking pan grease when working in a bakery, we used a brand called Sprashort. It worked great but I didn’t want a 10 pound bucket of grease in my kitchen. Can you blame me? The greatest thing about this recipe is you can make as large or small of batch as you need to suit your baking needs.
What you will need:
- Food processor
- Airtight container
- Equal parts AP flour, vegetable shortening(melted), & Vegetable oil
Blend all ingredients to a smooth paste. Store in the airtight container.
- This is vegetarian and vegan.
- This is NOT gluten free, remember not to use it when baking for gluten allergies.
- Can store room temperature for about 1-2 months or 6 months in the fridge.
Check out these cakes, they were baked and cooled for 7 minutes before turning out.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave me a comment and let me know!
- 1 food processor
- 1 Cup vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.1 Cup vegetable shortening, 1 Cup Vegetable oil, 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 months in the pantry.
Don’t forget to check out my others tutorials, like this How to make gem cake pops video.