This recipe is a super simple spin on my Soft Lemon Cookies. We’re going to make that recipe, but turn it into something a little sweeter! So if you’re looking for lemon Jello recipe for cookies, look no further.
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchased made through links on this website.
To achieve the completed cookies, you’re going to need to bake the Soft Lemon Cookies, and let them cool. You will want to skip dusting them with powdered sugar. Keep scrolling for the recipe or jump there.
The icing glaze is so simple, just 3 ingredients. Powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract. If you want to add an extra lemon punch, switch out the water for lemon juice. You can even sprinkle the tops with some lemon zest, that would look beautiful.
These glazed cookies should dry for about 1 hour before you move them into an airtight container. On humid or rainy days you will need to increase your dry time.
This cookie recipe also makes a really great cookie bar, just spread it into a loaf pan and bake until the top is set and no longer looks wet. When cooled, slice into bars.
Soft Lemon Cookies
- 1 Stick butter unsalted, room temp.
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup flour
- ¼ Cup Lemon Flavor Jello Instant Pudding half 3.4oz box
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp lemon zest optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it is lightened and creamed together.1 Stick butter, ½ Cup sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until the egg and butter sugar mixture are well incorporated.1 egg, ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- To the bowl add the flour, jello, baking soda and powder, and zest if using and stir in by hand until just incorporated as to not over mix with the electric mixer.1 Cup flour, ¼ Cup Lemon Flavor Jello Instant Pudding, ¼ Tsp baking soda, ½ Tsp baking powder, ½ Tbsp lemon zest
- Scoop the dough into 12 round cookies, and bake on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet and than transfer to a cooling rack. Once cooled dust with powdered sugar and store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Simple cookie glaze
- 2 Cups powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 2 Tbsp water Can substitute lemon juice or milk
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk all the ingredients together until you form a smooth icing. If you prefer a thinner icing, add more water. You can use a spatula to spread onto your cookies, or dip them.
Any links that appear here are part of the Amazon Affiliate program and may result in me earning a commission when you complete a sale using the provided links
If you try out these glazed lemon cookies, please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought. Should I make any more lemon jello recipe? I have one more up my sleeve with raspberry filling. It’s going to be delicous!
Another recipe you might like to try are these easy, soft and delicious pistachio cookies. They also are cookies baked with Jello pudding!
AnnieApril 5, 2022 at 12:03 am
So easy! Just the right amount of tart and sweet!