Welcome back bakers! This week we have a super easy to follow video on how to evenly coat a cake pop in edible glitter. These pops are sometimes referred to as gem cake pops, disco pops, dazzle pops, or glitter pops.. whatever you call them they sure are fantastic to look at! In the video you will learn how to make gem cake pops using tinker dust and dazzler dust.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through links on this page.
What you will need:
- Cake pops coated in white chocolate of choice. ( I used Merckens super white chocolate)
- Edible disco dust or glitter (Bakell tinker, or dazzler dust.)
- Small bowl of water.
- Fluffy paint brush.
- Parchment paper.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down to catch excess glitter so you can easily pour it back into the jar.
- Dip your chocolate coated cake pop into the bowl of cold or room temperature water.
- Gently tap off the excess water.
- Dip you paint brush into the glitter and using a circular motion rub the glitter onto the cake pop.
- Continue this until the pop is completely coated in the glitter.
- Work quickly so the water doesn’t dry, but if it does and the glitter stops sticking you can give the pop another quick dip into the water.
- OOOh and Ahhh at your beautiful creation, and enjoy!
The products I used are linked below. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through links on this page.