I really love lemon desserts because the tart flavor of the citrus helps balance the sweetness. If you’re wondering what to do with that box of Jello Lemon Instant Pudding in your pantry, These soft lemon cookies are delicous, and one of my husbands favorite cookies. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission through links on this website.
I like adding Jello instant pudding to baked goods including cookies and cakes. It adds an extra soft texture, and also keeps them moist.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission through links on this website.
The great thing about these cookies, is they stay soft for days if stored in an airtight container.
I often wonder what to do with items I find in my pantry. Truth be told, this is how most of my recipes come to be. I buy something and completely forget what I was thinking of doing with it.
Just like my easy pistachio cookies that use pistachio instant Jello pudding, this recipe is a win.
A Couple of Helpful Tips:
The jello is really important for this recipe. It helps to keep the cookies moist and cake like; please do not skip it out.
You can add a drop of yellow food coloring if you really want the color of these cookies to stand out.
For extra yumminess, you can add white chocolate chips into the batter, or just pop a few on top of the cookies before baking. I would add 1/4-1/2 of a cup depending on how sweet you like your cookies.
Soft Lemon Cookies
- 1 Stick butter unsalted, room temp.
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup flour
- ¼ Cup Lemon Flavor Jello Instant Pudding half 3.4oz box
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp lemon zest optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it is lightened and creamed together.1 Stick butter, ½ Cup sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until the egg and butter sugar mixture are well incorporated.1 egg, ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- To the bowl add the flour, jello, baking soda and powder, and zest if using and stir in by hand until just incorporated as to not over mix with the electric mixer.1 Cup flour, ¼ Cup Lemon Flavor Jello Instant Pudding, ¼ Tsp baking soda, ½ Tsp baking powder, ½ Tbsp lemon zest
- Scoop the dough into 12 round cookies, and bake on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the baking sheet and than transfer to a cooling rack. Once cooled dust with powdered sugar and store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
I may earn a commission through affiliate programs associated with links on this website.
Some ideas for these cookies:
Soft lemon cookies are such a great addition to the table any time of the year, but they especially stand out during the early spring months. A few of these cookies wrapped up would make a wonderful gift for Easter or Mother’s Day.
If you’re wondering if you can fill these cookies and make cookie sandwiches, the answer is yes! These soft cookies make great cookie sandwiches. You can also ice them, if you prefer over powdered sugar.
Thank you for reading and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you have any questions or you have made this recipe, let me know in the comments section below. I love hearing from my readers.
Leave a Reply