Hello bakers! Today I have got this simple Pistachio Pudding Cookie Recipe to share with you. It uses pistachio flavored jello and pistachio nuts making it the ultimate treat for any pistachio or nut lover! If you are excited about this recipe like I am, keep reading on!
Easy Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter ½ cup – room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup pistachio flavor Jello instant pudding
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup chopped salted pistachios + extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until they are well mixed and the butter has lightened.
- Add the egg and extract and mix until incorporated.
- To the bowl add the flour, jello mix, baking soda and powder and mix on low until it is ust incorporated, do not over mix.
- Add the pistachios to the bowl and mix in by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out 12 cookies onto a baking pan lined with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper. (If you get more or less than 12 cookies, based on the size you scoop you may need to adjust baking time)
- Decorate the top with a few pieces of pistachios by sticking them onto the scooped dough.
- Bake cookies for 14-15 minutes, checking after 12 minutes. The cookies should turn golden brown along the edges but the top remains a light color. When done, the cookies will no longer look wet on top.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
A Couple of Helpful Tips:
The jello is really important for this recipe. It helps to keep the cookies moist and cake like; please do not skip it out.
You can serve the cookies on the same day of baking but the real flavor comes out in the subsequent days! These yummy cookies develop their flavor as they are stored overnight.
For extra decadence and yumminess, you can add chocolate chips to the top of the cookies before baking. White chocolate or dark chocolate chips go well with pistachios and so would work wonderfully in this recipe.
If you want your cookies to have a deeper green color, feel free to add a drop or two of green food color. The best food colors for baking tend to be gel or paste colors so it would be good to use those. Americolor and Wilton are good brands for food colors. Try to avoid liquid food colors, they tend to change the consistency of batters, can leave a weird aftertaste and normally require a large amount inorder to get your desired shade of color.
Thank you for reading and I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you have any questions or you have made this recipe, let me know in the comments section below. I love hearing from my readers.